You could buy granola bars at the supermarket, but they won’t be nearly as delicious or healthy. With this Honey Granola Bar recipe you have the peace of mind that the only ingredients are whole foods, and you get bonus healthy benefits from Manuka Honey.
These are great to make as snack prep for the week, or even to wrap up and deliver as a thoughtful homemade gift. Just add a bow and a jar of Manuka Honey, and you’ve got an extra sweet present to deliver to someone special.
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup roughly chopped almonds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pepitas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup Comvita Manuka Blend Honey
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and grease a large oven dish with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg and egg whites together until light and fluffy, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add oats, chopped almonds, dried cranberries, pepitas, cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt. Mix together well with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Add in the beaten egg mix and stir well.
- Add the Manuka Honey and toss well until well combined.
- Pour granola bar mixture into your greased oven dish and spread the mix evenly over the base of the dish, padding down with a spatula. TIP: place over a large sheet of baking paper on the top of the mixture and use something flat like a drinking glass to press down firmly to help hold the granola bars together.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Allow to cool for at least two hours before slicing into 14 equally sized bars.
Pro tips: Store the Honey Granola Bars in an airtight container. They can keep in the fridge or room temperature for up to 7 days.
Share this recipe to your friends and family. Honey granola bar is a perfect additional to your or your kids lunch box, a taste and healthy treats. But can you consume Manuka Honey everyday?